The Decor+Design show in Melbourne is always around my birthday, so on a couple of occasions, we have made a family roadtrip out of the event. This year, Mr Recycled, Maxwell and I, will be hitting the road for a 2 week holiday, starting in Daylesford, then to Decor and Design, finishing with a Great Ocean Road experience. I am getting excited! If you have never been to Decor+Design, it is a must! For me, the first time I attended, it was the combination of seeing and meeting all of the creatives on show, coupled with the International Seminar Series – a real highlight.
Decor+Design is Australia’s No.1 buying destination for furniture, homewares, lighting, home décor and artwork. If you are in the trade, then you need to get yourself there.
- 350+ exhibitors showcasing the latest classic and contemporary interior and outdoor products & furnishings (I am always on the lookout for sustaianble, green and eco businesses and products);
- FREE entry for trade professionals; and
- Inspiring show features including:
- VIVID Design Awards: Celebrating Australia’s next wave of design talent
- Design Laneway and Wall St: Dedicated exhibition area to foster and grow emerging independent designers and surface artists
- International Seminar Series (Note, this is not free): Featuring global design powerhouse Martyn Lawrence Bullard, futurist Victoria Redshaw from Scarlet Opus UK, renowned Sydney stylist Megan Morton and many more.
- Unmissable Trend Tours (this is not free): Hosted by the UK trend futurists Scarlet Opus.
- Trend Champagne Lounge: Check out the latest colour trend and relax/recharge with a glass of bubbly.
- Trend Hub: Get inspired by interactive design-led activity and future design trend information in the Trend Hub. You will be able to take advantage of the free future trend information and also network with exhibitors or peers.
Antiquate creates quality upholstery interlaced with an environmentally conscious mind, resulting in beautifully unique statement pieces. Upholstery art was conceptualised offering a creative alternative to standard upholstery, whilst actively assisting in reducing unnecessary landfill. Designing and executing woven panels of recycled fabric with natural fibre textiles, creates an eye catching statement piece that promotes a mutual respect for both exclusive design and our planet. Meticulously sorting through all fibres, fabric scraps and trim off cuts as well as utilising salvaged and sourced items, paints a picture on each individual piece to give life to a beautiful original piece.
Uniqwa represents uniqueness with a difference, defined by simplicity and function combined with art. They design quality, thoughtful and unique handmade furniture, wall décor, lighting, and outdoor furniture. Their philosophy is to supply design pieces inspired by nature and ethnic culture that fits into contemporary environments. Uniqwa is organic, earthy and naturally modern, with the subtle degree of difference.
Inartisan – Growing up surrounded by art and nature has influenced Emily Heysen’s personal style. Working with artisans from Australia and around the world to create unique handmade pieces of the highest quality. With a strong commitment to creativity, the environment and ethical production, INARTISAN values individual craftsmanship and artistic integrity over mass-production.
Curious Grace is a leading furniture and interiors retailer representing quality, original design from Australian and International brands. On exhibit is Danish furniture brand NOFU. With a focus on timeless designs, NOFU strikes the perfect balance between aesthetics and functionality. Each piece is handmade from sustainable, solid ash wood and holds a unique story through its one of a kind grain pattern. Also on display is the Roshi collection of porcelain ceramics. Blending minimalist form and fine decorative detail, they evoke calmness and a desire to slow down in our fast-paced world. The design elements form a perfect duality of the best qualities and quietness of Nordic and Japanese design.
Dash & Albert make ethically sound and socially responsible choices. They are dedicated to opportunities for all employees, excellent working conditions and remuneration for each skilled artisan who brings their designs to life, ensuring the utmost respect for everyone who works on Dash & Albert creations.
Easygreen Interior is the specialist of preserved moss wall – Their mosswalls don’t need any water, light or maintenance and last up to 30 years. They are dedicated to bring the outdoor indoor with no constraint. Thanks to their preserved plants they don’t have a limit to create stunning mosswalls, vertical gardens, hanging plants and trees. Every project is unique.
PGT-Reclaimed Australia is the exclusive Australian distributor for the global PGT-Reclaimed, the original designer and manufacturer of 100 percent solid Forest Stewardship Council certified, premium lifestyle furniture. Begun by former Sydney man, Ian Burden, PGT-Reclaimed produces functional timeless furniture for the modern consumer, with collections for Bedding, Dining, Living and Office. The furniture is built to last, manufactured by-hand using old-English carpentry and finished with a unique multi-step French polishing technique. This brings to life the beautiful characteristics of reclaimed timber, having a previous life in a shipping container, pallet or building.
Head to the Decor+Design show website to explore and register