I am so very excited to announce that my latest eBook – Healthy Planet, Healthy People, Healthy Home: Create a Sustainable Home You Love” is HERE! I am very proud of this project and it has taken more than a year in the making. Launching on World Environment Day 5th June 2016 you can now grab your pre-launch copy at a REDUCED price for the next few weeks ONLY. You will also receive a special gift – a FREE copy of my eBook “30 Days to a Happy, Healthy Home” PLUS a voucher for 20% discount storewide in our Recycled Interiors e store!
Do you want a more sustainable lifestyle? Make more yourself, do more yourself, grow your own, eat healthier, take care of your family and our planet and create a home you can love? In the book you will make a difference to the sustainability of our planet, increase your health and happiness and tread more lightly on the earth
Who is the book for?
Really this is a book for everyone. We all need to understand how to be more sustainable in our homes and our lives. It is something anyone will benefit from, but in particular, if you are interested in designing, building or renovating your home to be more sustainable; wanting a broad overview of passive design; the issues around food waste and sustainability; want to take more time to have a hands on approach to your lifestyle with upcycling, craft, DIY and cooking; want to garden and compost at home; and feel more empowered to make changes in your life that you may have thought about for a long time – then this book is most definitely for you.
Creating a Sustainable Home You Love is all about the everyday person – you and me – taking the steps we can, to make a difference to the health of our planet and ourselves, and have a home you love – what floats my boat won’t necessarily float yours and that is cool. Sustainability welcomes all types!
The book includes Design, Build, Decorate; Grow, Cook, Eat; and Create, Make, Do It Yourself. A jam packed book at around 300 pages, it is no little PDF download! But rather a substantial resource for you to keep and use in your home and your life. It mixes stories with tips and guides, house tours, DIY and upcycling projects you can try, and a few delicious recipes – to help you move towards a more sustainable home you love. It is not about being a hippie living off-grid, unless that’s what you love. It’s about EVERYONE making small changes to pack a powerful punch. We are all different and we are all the same.
You might already know I have some fantastic contributors including Maggie Beer, Barry DuBois and Kate St James. Along with lots of goodness from our community and some clever bloggers and creatives. Read more about them here.
Some of what you will get from the book
- Stories from the various contributors and myself, about our journey to a more sustainable home we love
- Learn more about sustainable building and design
- Get the basics on why you should have a home garden, how to start composting and why your food source and waste is so critical to our planet
- Learn some great DIY, upcycling and craft projects
- Improve your health and wellbeing, and the health of our planet, through the growing, cooking and eating of food and grab a few old fashioned, yummy recipes from our contributors
- Create a more sustainable home you can love, the way you like to decorate, with the things you like to have around you – making it your own, not something out of a magazine
- Have fun and see the impact you can have on the planet, in making, creating and doing it yourself
- Take a peek into some beautiful homes with house tours, to see what a sustainable home might look like
The idea is not to turn you all into hippies living off the grid (unless that is what you want!) but to help you look at what simple changes you can make, to create a more sustainable home, and a more sustainable planet.
Every step, every change, every action, makes a difference. You are just one person alone, but together we are many. Join me on a journey through the many ways you can create a more sustainable home you can love.