What is your kitchen like? We have a tiny galley kitchen that we updated more than a decade ago. Despite a lack of bench space and a pantry with no door, it works for us, and it will do. We have a lovely view out of the window onto our deck, and it is separate from the rest of the house, which we prefer to open space living. While I would love a big country style kitchen, it is enough. This week on The Block, there were some pretty incredible kitchens, with many over-the-top inclusions. There were some sustainable and locally made pieces of note, which we are sharing here. We don’t get access to all components of the rooms, so I have included some images with pieces that are great choices, such as timber boards and ceramics, without information. If you would like details of anything you see in a picture without information let me know and I will see if I can follow up.
- American Oak Saddle Seats Black Finish – Arranmore Furniture is Australian made solid timber furniture, delivered locally and internationally.
- Stain Oak Timber/Cashew flooring
- Avasa Serving Board and Avasa Round Black Serving Tray – This range is made from Mango Wood with a matte black finish; and available in a tray, board and bowls. Mango Wood is a byproduct of the fruit industry, making it a sustainably sourced hardwood timber.
- Cruz Riva Single Stripe Bag – Cruz collection of bags are crafted using sustainable palm leaves by villagers in Mexico.
- Baby Leaf Artworks (A5) – Charlie Green Botanic Series ‘Baby Leaf’. The ‘Baby Leaf’ is a precision cut, original watercolour illustration, set inside gallery grade acrylic and mounted in a natural timber frame.
- Chris Beaumont “Lemons” artwork
- Dishwashing Brush – Redecker Natural and Wooden Toast Tongs – Germany’s Redecker is a family business that has been crafting artisan brushware since 1935. Famous around the world for their quality design, functionality and use of sustainable wood and natural fibres, this traditional inspired collection features quality kitchen, cleaning, garden, spa and personal care products, many of which are finished by in-house craftsman in Redecker’s German workshop. Redecker’s range includes innovative brushes for scrubbing dishes and bottles, right down to wooden brushes for cleaning mushrooms, BBQ’s and even oysters and mussels! Redecker also offer wooden bowls and utensils, such as their best selling beechwood toast tongs.
- Marble Basics – Brass Measuring Spoons
- Weather Bowl Grey + Yellow and Weather Platter Black + Yellow
Loft Furniture Timber Tractor Stool – This modern rustic bar stool features a comfortable form-fitted timber seat carved from mango wood and an iron frame with footrest. The solid nature and warm, natural finish of the timber works in contrast to the sinuous black iron frame which has a fine, yet strong character, bringing a modern elegance to this country-style piece.
Stain Oak Timber/Butternut flooring
Marcel 1LT ES 250mm Pdt Brass/Clear Glass – These single sphere pendants come in 3 sizes in clear glass with solid brass detailing. Add LEDlux 5.5 watt Karbon globe to complete the look.
Tan Counter Stools (still waiting on links)
The Aether Suspended Fireplace – The Aether suspended fireplace is available as both wood burning or bioethanol fuelled and will rotate 360 degrees.This Australian made suspended fireplace enables you to finish off your indoor or outdoor living space, combining the restorative properties of fire with a contemporary designer fireplace.
Manapan Furniture Coffee Table – The MANAPAN custom made furniture collection features timber furniture pieces – the finest handmade furniture made by the craftsmen of the Milingimbi community.
Ingrain Designs Custom Recycled Messmate Black Spline Base and Sideboard
Michael Bond Art – Blue Diamond – Printed on 300gsm natural cotton rag paper, each print covers the full paper size and uses archival pigment inks. Include with each print is a a signed and numbered certificate of authenticity. This strictly limited edition run consists of 30, 900 x 900mm prints and 30, 1100 x 1100mm prints.